Friday, March 23, 2007




All my life I’ve been interested in other people’s stories. I’ve wanted to know them, understand them, feel them. When I grew up and got into politics, I always felt the main point of my work was to give people the chance to have better stories.

I just heard Bill Clinton say that in his biography on cd.

It's so weird...I had that sense, while Clinton was president. And that that might be one of the few things a president honorably and uniquely (as opposed to the financial powers controlling the role) could do for his or her country. To hear him confirm it, wow.



No comments:

About Me

I came to Minneapolis from southern California this May to help my 88-year-old mother care for my 86-year-old father. He fell last November, and then declined cognitively for a month as his bones healed at a rehab facility under quarantine. He hasn't undeclined. Before retiring in the 1990s, he was a theater critic, & still seems to have some of his self-confidence and wit alongside vascular dementia, Parkinsonisms, incontinence and real trouble walking. Given his otherwise-ok health, he might still have some tolerable years ahead, though with new parameters. My mom's a novelist. She seems made of iron.