Friday, July 18, 2008





Were you along, on the camping trip to the Kern River last weekend? Everyone spoke Spanish but us. There was loud cold reggaeton from a parked truck by the low spigot by the trash, at 9 am where we did dishes furtively, to help out. Drinking from around then on. There was a fire south, near Lake Isabella, that'd started two weeks before, and was still only half "contained". Someone passed us the Native American 12 Steps

I ADMIT I HAVE GIVEN UP MY POWER AND THAT MY LIFE IS OUT OF BALANCE WITH ALL THAT IS NATURAL

At night, after the astronomy slideshow, our main friend, a 6 year old named Angel, saw planets through the telescope in the flat, smoky dun, although he was alone in this. The men went out looking for wood and came back stoned.

Do you remember?



Well, if not, here are a couple sentences you missed.



I'm Pat, and I'm everything.



When I was in rehab there in Bakersfield.



Maggie, did you remember how to make a rainbow





No comments:

About Me

I came to Minneapolis from southern California this May to help my 88-year-old mother care for my 86-year-old father. He fell last November, and then declined cognitively for a month as his bones healed at a rehab facility under quarantine. He hasn't undeclined. Before retiring in the 1990s, he was a theater critic, & still seems to have some of his self-confidence and wit alongside vascular dementia, Parkinsonisms, incontinence and real trouble walking. Given his otherwise-ok health, he might still have some tolerable years ahead, though with new parameters. My mom's a novelist. She seems made of iron.