Thursday, April 05, 2007




My car's running!

It's so superduper!

I've stayed the last few weekends in L.A., at my brother's in Highland Park, and then ex-sister-in-law's in Los Feliz (though we've decided to just be sisters and get it over with).

I love L.A. more and more. Its improvisational driving remains! And one of the parts that used to bug me is now one of my favorite parts.

It is the people who come there following a dream.

To be bugged by them wasn't even a real thing of my own, but a crappy inheritance from my father (a transplant himself).

It's taken awhile to figure this out, but.

Those people are right!



No comments:

About Me

I came to Minneapolis from southern California this May to help my 88-year-old mother care for my 86-year-old father. He fell last November, and then declined cognitively for a month as his bones healed at a rehab facility under quarantine. He hasn't undeclined. Before retiring in the 1990s, he was a theater critic, & still seems to have some of his self-confidence and wit alongside vascular dementia, Parkinsonisms, incontinence and real trouble walking. Given his otherwise-ok health, he might still have some tolerable years ahead, though with new parameters. My mom's a novelist. She seems made of iron.