Wednesday, April 25, 2007



I can't see you, but I know you're here. I feel it. You've been hanging around since I got here. I wish I could see your face. Just look into your eyes and tell you how good it is to be here. Just to touch something. See, that's cold. I feel good. Or here, to smoke. Have coffee. And if you do it together, it's fantastic. Or, to draw. You know, you take a pencil and you make a dark line, and then you make a light line, and together it's a good line. Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together. See, that's good. That feels good. There are so many good things. But you're not here. I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. Because I'm a friend. Companero.














words from wings of desire pic by sarah conner

3 comments:

None said...

Is that Inspector Columbo? ;)

Greetings from The Netherlands!

Sometimes Good said...

Indeed it is.

Sometimes Good said...

Hey Chia Mimi, I just looked at your blog and I love your stuff. If you ever come to southern California, Orange County, USA, could you be enticed to be a "featured reader" at Our Little Open Mike?

Please?

About Me

I came to Minneapolis from southern California this May to help my 88-year-old mother care for my 86-year-old father. He fell last November, and then declined cognitively for a month as his bones healed at a rehab facility under quarantine. He hasn't undeclined. Before retiring in the 1990s, he was a theater critic, & still seems to have some of his self-confidence and wit alongside vascular dementia, Parkinsonisms, incontinence and real trouble walking. Given his otherwise-ok health, he might still have some tolerable years ahead, though with new parameters. My mom's a novelist. She seems made of iron.